Friday, January 17, 2014

The Sky is On The Needles 1-17

Yep I am Knitting The Sky!


I decided to use the Favorite Scarf Ever pattern rather than the plain garter stitch and so far I am happy with how it is going.  The pattern is easy to remember and you just need to be careful with the doubled lace weight yarn. Aren’t these colors lovely!

Sky 1

I finished but have yet to block the Morning Bells Shawl – blocking will happen this weekend.

 Morning Bells Shawl (13)

You can see both sides of the shawl above – the left side with the ribs is the right side of the shawl.  Can’t wait to get it blocked and sent out to my daughter as I think she’ll love it.

I did pull out the Felted Clogs and hope to get the last one finished up this weekend and get them felted… you know before spring.  My notes from when I last worked on them was dated April 1st… so it’s time to get them done.  Here is a picture of the first one I finished in Mid-March.  I sure am hoping they felt up good because right now they look a lot like clown shoes… the sole measures 16 inches! 

felt clogs 2

Check out what others are knitting this week over at Judy L’s Patchwork Times blog.


Ramona said...

Your colors in your favorite scarf ever are gorgeous! And your finished shawl is so pretty. Looks warm!

sklinn62 said...

Beutiful scarf! I tried to knit one for a Christmas gift but kept messing up---I do want to try it again when there is no pressure.